These are difficult times and the greater our security cushion to deal with unforeseen events, the better. For this reason, this time we are going to review some tips to save water in our day to day in a very simple way.
To achieve our goal in the most efficient way possible, we will divide the advice according to the part of the house in which we are, since it is not the same to save water in the kitchen than in the garden, for example.
Tips to save water in the kitchen
- Run the tap water just to rinse the dishes, and turn off the tap while you lather them.
- Prevent taps from dripping when you are not using them.
- Only use the dishwasher when it is completely full and using a water saving program.
- Wash fruits and vegetables in a container and not under the running tap.
- To defrost food you can do the same.
- Use the water from the previous point to water the plants.
- Soak pots and pans for a few minutes before scrubbing to avoid disproportionate waste of water
Tips to save water in the Bathroom
- Turn off the faucet while you shave or brush your teeth.
- Turn off the shower while you wash your hair.
- Take a shower instead of a bath and don’t spend too much time in the shower. If possible, reduce the duration by a couple of minutes.
- Check the toilet tank for water leaks. It also controls that the chain closes when the tank is empty.
- Check that all faucets have water aerators.
- Throw the toilet paper in the bin and not in the toilet, thus avoiding the absurd use of it.
- Install a diffuser in the shower head and cut its consumption in half without realizing it.